Sponsorship-Shipping Companies Hire/employ Cadets for their company for that they conduct some Test and interview ,after the candidate clears both test and company finds the candidates best suited for their company they issue him company sponsorship letter ,Candidate further goes for Pre-Sea Training in any DG Shipping Approved Institute or where their company ask and Finally after completion of course and STCW courses ,Cadet is placed on a ship by the Company as a Trainee .
After the pre-sea course is completed the candidate is placed onboard as Deck Cadet where he works as a Trainee Officer.
Deck cadets are considered as Interns and also receive stipend during this period,which is not fixed and depends on company to company
For 1 Year D.N.S (Diploma in Nautical Science)-Sea time requirement is 18 months of training onboard ship to be eligible for 2nd Mate C.O.C exams in India.
For how to join as Deck Cadet and career progression click here
Basically “Sponsorship” is Job, Placement & Training assurance in WRITTEN given to a candidate who successfully clears all the phase of “Sponsorship Test” conducted by RPSL Shipping Company.
Sponsorship is offered for following Merchant Navy Courses:
- DNS Bsc. Nautical Science
- B.E Marine Engineering(4 Years)
- Graduate Mechanical Engineering( 1 Year )
Written Offline/Online Test(Based on class 10th and 12th Science Maths and GK)
Psycometric/16 PF Test
Personal Interview &
Medical Examination (By D.G Approved Doctor)
Candidate who successfully passed all phases are then “SPONSORED” by the Company and issued “Sponsorship Letter”.
Benefits Of getting “Sponsorship”
Nowadays it is really very difficult to get recruitment and no shipping companies recruits any fresh candidates
Candidates who completed the pre-sea course as a “NON-SPONSORED” they have to face many times rejections and undergo lot of problems in getting job that’s why it is recommended to get sponsorship letter from the DG Approved companies.
It is advised to the candidates to appear the merchant navy course as “sponsored” candidate only as the probability of getting job is higher and candidates are also advice to get sponsorship letter from RPSL companies only .
RPSL companies list can be check in DG Shipping website or click here
- Candidates need to apply for Sponsorship with any Shipping company and appear for Sponsorship test, Sponsorship Interview and Medical Fitness Test.
- After this candidates need to apply for IMU-CET Examination and obtain qualifying marks with good rank.
- All shortlisted candidates who clear IMU-CET exams are advised to enroll for DNS Course in DG approved Pre sea Traning Institute.
- After Successfully completion of the course students are placed onboard for their internship where they complete their final training and later appear for 2 mate exams.
Sponsorship providing Shipping Companies
Anglo Eastern ship management
These companies provide sponsorship to those students who have cleared IMU_CET.
Students can visit their websites for submitting CV.